The last thing you would want is to share your home with unwanted pests. Unfortunately, insects and rodents are everywhere, and some are more active in certain seasons than others. As a homeowner, you need to be proactive and ensure that you don’t miss the key signs of infestation. If you need help with a pest concern in Austin,click hereto request a pest inspection. Here are seven evident signs of pest infestation at home.
- You have found droppings. Rodents and roaches are known to leave droppings behind, and you are more likely to see the signs in the morning as pests are most active at night. Droppings and urine can be hard to find in some cases, but don’t ignore what you see.
- You have found wood damage. Termites and carpenter ants are known for causing massive damage to wooden structures, and if the extent of the damage is huge, you may even have to spend on structural repairs. Termites thrive on wood, and by the time you see the first signs, the situation is probably worse than you know.
- You have found damage to drywalls and wiring. Any damage to the wiring, drywalls and electrical components in the house is a sign of active infestation. Rodents can chew through anything, which can lead to serious concerns, and it is best to seek help.
- You have found nests. While it is easy to find nests of bees and ants, you may not see rodent nests in the open. However, nesting is a sign that pests have a secure place to breed and thrive, and that’s not something to be taken lightly.
- There is an unpleasant odor in the house. Rodents and bed bugs are known to have this musty odor that’s hard to describe in words. Bed bugs release pheromones, which can cause a stench, and you need professional pest control experts to see the situation.
- You have found pests in the open. If you see insects and rodents moving around in the house, they sure have a place to hide. The problem is most pests won’t just come out in the open unless the infestation is at an advanced stage.
- You have found damage to furnishings. Mice and rats can chew clothing and fabrics, and it is a serious concern. Any damage to the furnishings should be taken as a matter of immediate concern.
Get a pest control company to inspect your home now.
Originally posted 2023-01-26 13:15:22.